Feedback from Lurker37
I knew it was possible for a Master to do this, but I didn't think the book specified that the Master had to be present to sustain the link.... hmm.... I think I need to talk it over with David. I set a precedent in Session 8 where a Door's destination could be changed to point directly to another realm without going to the Grand Stair. But that could have been a Dwimmerlaik 'special thing' - chucking in 'the unknown' from time to time is normally okay, but allowing too much of this could undermine the 'Warden of the Grand Stair' power, as per the thread that you started as to why the game designers have chosen not to allow Icons to be created for a place, only to a person.
I'd assumed the Session 8 bypassing of the stair was because Grant had gone through the door as it was in the process of being severed, and Grant was actually in Shadow, not a Domain. (And was lucky to survive.)
As to sustaining the link, my plotline also has a construct of power that can move doors around on the Stair, and I'd assumed some sort of construct on Marindar was similarly maintaining the Doors.
Mister_Bruce wrote:One build we haven't explored yet is the PC with Sorcery - can a PC with Sorcery use their power to 'teleport' from one Gossamer world to another, bypassing the Stair? If Icons can't be created for a place, then I'm guessing that the designers' intent is that Sorcery shouldn't be a shortcut to bypass the Grand Stair either. But I haven't had the conversation with David yet about this.....
Very mild Spoiler: Sorcery is how Harold Crees's body was retrieved in Session 11. Harold should have been able to teleport off the Stair to any domain he had visited, and he had visited several. Unfortunately, the item he racked spells on had been damaged, and the realm he kept trying to teleport back to was ... ah, but that's another story.
No comments:
Post a Comment