Grant and Ethan

Grant and Ethan
Grant (left) and Ethan (right), with Macavity the Cat

Thursday, 31 October 2013

Feedback from Rich H

Those pics are awesome and very in keeping with the quality of those found in the rulebook.
Mister_Bruce wrote:... Doors can bypass the Grand Stair and connect worlds directly. (GM's note - I don't believe this is specified anywhere in the rulebook, but so far David/I think it's okay - we can't see a game balance issue with this at this time)


I think that the rulebook states that worlds can't connect directly through Doors but I could be wrong.

EDIT: from the rulebook (hope it's okay to quote this)...

"Bridging Doors. While Wardens are limited to Doors that lead to-and-from the Grand Stair, Masters know how to connect two doors in a single Gossamer world together so that they are directly linked, opening from one to another. To do this, the Master must be physically present at one of the doors to be linked (which must be closed) and concentrates on the other door to be linked. This can take a few minutes, less so with a strong mental impression of the other door, and even less with a direct psychic or magic link to the other place. These doors only open from one door within a Gossamer world to another place on the same Gossamer world. They can never bridge worlds."

Personally, I think there may be Doors that can bridge worlds but I'd hypothesise that they were Shadow wrought (ie, using Shadow to fold the space between two worlds) rather than being a part of the Grand Stair's nature so I'd allow high Psyche PCs or Masters of the Grand Stair or a major power to pick up on them being 'different' in some way and allowing further investigation and discovery of their nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment