Tragically Steve Russell (Qwilion) is no longer with us. He died yesterday in a car accident.
I've spoken to Lurker37 about this and we've agreed to continue the game. The last feedback that I received from Steve was on 19th June after the Session 83 writeup. It read "You don't know how much I heart that this game is still going." By that time we'd almost reached three years running this game which we had started based on a Beta release of what was sent to the Kickstarter backers. And Steve was still encouraging us to keep going .... I don't know how much he read of this writeup. I guess I'll never know. We think the best way of honouring Steve's memory to keep playing.
I only met Steve a few times over Google Hangouts. He ran one of the backer games for me, Lurker37 and one of my friends. We talked a few times over Google Hangouts. I picked his brains from time to time. I think at one point he was trying to sound me out for a Lords of Gossamer equivalent of Amberzine if that ever got off the ground. I thought highly of Steve given the way he was able to pull writers and illustrators together to create products which really appealed to me. And he enjoyed doing what he did. I really admired that. It's a tragic loss - not just for RPGing. From what I saw of Steve, he was a fine man.
I'm not sure what happens next but Lurker37 and I are going to continue this game because we enjoy it, and because it's a way of honouring Steve's memory. I'll keep posting here as long as the game is running (years, probably).
No comments:
Post a Comment