Session 52 is well underway. It's been a hard one to run because I'm running a session which starts with Grant in a mess and mixed up memories (due to Umbra?) as to how he got here. In 30+ years of roleplaying, I've never tried to run a non-linear RPG session (i.e.: telling a story which is deliberately told out of order, and is a mix of 'reality', 'true memory' and 'false memory'). I figured that it'd either frustrate Lurker37 or he'd love it. It was in the 'frustrate' category, because I had been messing with his character and crossed a line that he didn't feel comfortable with (i.e.: Grant actually ate someone) - the end result was that I had to reveal some of the story to Lurker37 as a player in order for him to 'get it'. He now gets it, so the situation is recoverable and off we go. He's an experienced enough GM and player to know what to park as 'player-knowledge' and get into the groove as Grant (but no eating people - that bit has been retconned).
This is the also the first adventure where I'm using one of the official Rite Publishing supplements. There are a few which I think can be woven into this campaign, but one stands out. I'll not say more because some of you might figure out which one I'm talking about. All will be revealed shortly....
No comments:
Post a Comment