Grant and Ethan

Grant and Ethan
Grant (left) and Ethan (right), with Macavity the Cat

Friday, 27 March 2015

GM Commentary

Songtress wrote:Can you all add these worlds and their NPCs/Sheets, to the Massive world Catalog?
I answered a similar request on Google+ only a day or so ago as follows:
Casey has had his Endless Gossamer spreadsheet for over a year and I haven't found the time to update it. I suppose I could cut/paste the information in, but I'd question how useful that is for other LoG&S groups. Take Marindar for example - I could cut/paste the information into Casey's spreadsheet but it's the level of detail below that - the cities, the politics, the NPCs and the plot hooks/adventure seeds - that bring the place to life. It's hard to distill all of that into the spreadsheet. Can you explain a bit further what sort of resource you are after? (what would be useful to another LoG&S group?)
What I think you're asking for is a lot of work. There are more than 45 unique worlds to date, plus 23 unique sections of Stair, plus a lot of NPCs (I haven't counted the exact number, and we don't have stats for all of them). Why do you want it? Why is the description in this Campaign write-up not sufficient? :?

I have a funny feeling that what you may be asking for is a package of all of the worlds and NPCs used in this Campaign, plus the key plots/adventure seeds such that it could be used as the core foundation for other GMs to develop their own setting. i.e.: pick what you like, disregard what you don't like. You're really after a LoG&S campaign setting supplement which could be used to jumpstart a local campaign - is that right or am I reading too much into this?


EDIT: Session 51 was run this evening. Will post up in a day or so. Session 52 will not be Heldon's Pass. I've already edited a previous post (and put in yellow) as to why.

No comments:

Post a Comment