Well, this campaign has now been running for a full year (started 25th July 2013). We ran 36 sessions during the year, and had more than 10,000 reads.
I caught up with David (Lurker37) in Melbourne last weekend - it was nice to see him in person after a few years. I have also been in touch with two other members of the old Amber crowd, and there is some interest in 'getting the band back together'. So it's possible that this campaign will be extended to one or two other players (old friends).... we'll see.
David and I also talked extensively about where we felt LoG&S is lacking, and I posted up our thoughts in a separate thread here. Amber Diceless had it easy because there were so many books which had content/examples. Lords of Gossamer doesn't have that same body of content to refer back to. I hope Rite Publishing keeps publishing more LoG&S supplements.
The other thing that David and I talked about which was a strength of Amber Diceless is that the number of 'powerful' NPCs was kept small because they were all part of one family. By keeping the number of powerful NPCs small, the PCs' relationships with them became important - because there were very few of them. In Lords of Gossamer there is a tendency (and I've seen 4 people GM so far) to create more Lords, and more Lords. By not keeping the number small and finite, it cheapens being a Lord of Gossamer. Who wants to be one of thousands of Lords of Gossamer? It is much more fun/important sounding to be one of fifteen (for example).
We've also talked about the Third Story Arc, which we are on the cusp of. We are going to continue the game for the rest of 2014 and into 2015. We're going to explore the main powers, and Invocation. We're also going to have the Big Bads, the Dwimmerlaik, running around so that we can see how this all works - how their powers work, and how to keep them interesting. One of the problems I foresee is that the Dwimmerlaik are a race and there are only about 4-5 images of individual Dwimmerlaik in the cards/rulebook. I wish there were more Dwimmerlaik images - a whole deck of them would be nice. I fear I'm going to end up trawling DeviantArt for images of demonic figures with horns on their heads and passing them off as Dwimmerlaik - or just use images of individuals scowling at the viewer and say that they've 'shapeshifted' into this form.
Anyway, enough for now.... Session 38 will be run in the next 4-5 days and hopefully I'll have the write-up posted by Monday 10th August or thereabouts.
Cheers, and thanks for reading!
Lords of Gossamer and Shadow is a Diceless role-playing game by Jason Durall which is published by Rite Publishing. David and I have been running this game since 24th July 2013 and the game is now in its 11th year. David plays Grant, and I play Ethan. We started as 30-point characters, two friends on the Grand Stair, exploring new worlds. Over many years of gameplay, these two characters have evolved into powerful Lords of Gossamer.
Grant and Ethan
Grant (left) and Ethan (right), with Macavity the Cat
Monday, 4 August 2014
One Year Anniversary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment