Grant and Ethan

Grant and Ethan
Grant (left) and Ethan (right), with Macavity the Cat

Tuesday, 10 June 2014

GM Commentary

Advanced Notice on Session 34 writeup

Session 34 was run this evening. It'll take me a few days to write-up but the entire session was focussed on Grant's defence of Arcadia. There were a number of battles and a number of situations requiring role-playing and use of Warfare. A number of rulings were made about Shapeshifting and the use of Umbra in combat situations. We saw rapid-transformation Shapeshifting, using Umbra v Eidolon, using Umbra v Sorcery, using Eidolon to bolster Sorcery. We also better explored Warfare and how far one can go with Ranked Endurance. There was a *lot* in Session 34 which I believe will be of interest to other LoG&S gamers so I'll go the extra mile on this one and put in more detail than usual about the GM rulings that were used, including detailing Grant's opponents during the battles. ;) 

PS Something missing from Session 31

PS: I missed something important during the Session 31 writeup which I need to correct. (I will go back to the Session 31 narrative to add this in) During the exchange between Ethan and Isabelle in the Blue Note, Isabelle attempted to draw out Ethan's name and when he continued to evade, she played for time until she could draw out the letter of his first name - "E". This is something subtle which rattled Ethan at the time as he doesn't know how she managed this, however as a GM I know that Isabelle has the Invocation power. This is likely to become important later in the story so I need to go back and update. David (Lurker37) deliberately created a character in Isabelle who had Invocation and Cantrips so that we could explore some of the other powers. Isabelle spent a lot of time in Session 32 preparing for the break-in because she was trying to figure out the Truenames for things in order to better affect them, but this didn't come out in the narrative because neither I nor Ethan understood that this was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment