My email to Lurker37 wrote:I had some LoG&S ideas which I thought I'd share. Up to you if you want to use them:I have weighed up what Ethan would do. He is concerned about there being so many other Lords present, and he would rule out diplomacy as he has no intention of sticking around. This is a snatch and grab, or perhaps more correctly a breaking and entering.
- An orc-ish bodyguard - eg: http://sirironphoenix.deviantart.com/ar ... -252541176 or http://paranoimiac.deviantart.com/art/O ... -185412269, perhaps one of Caius' trained killers who is responsible for hunting down Isabelle. Come to think of it - how many other bounty hunters/bounty killers are on their trail? And potentially how many of them have Passes to get onto the Stair, or patronage from a Lord of Gossamer to enable pursuit beyond the limits of Nexopolis? Hmm.....
- If you want more ideas for bounty hunters/bounty killers, here's an image to get you started which I think will inspire you ..... http://www.deviantart.com/art/Injustice ... -380545486
- Someone steals Ethan's Icon for Grant. Ethan has Bad Stuff so it is possible either that it is stolen from him (eg: his pocket is picked), or perhaps it falls out of his pocket during a fight. Who stole it? What have they done with it? (use DeviantArt to look for an image of the thief using the keyword "thief" or perhaps you want to pick an unusual alien? Or even another femme fatale? No doubt Ethan would use Wayfinding to track it down, but here's where you could lead Ethan on a merry chase. Perhaps the trail goes to the fence, or to a crime lord, or a mage who bought the item fairly. Or even to another Lord of Gossamer.
- I've also included a simple summary document of all of the Lords of Gossamer (either official, or ones that we've added as part of either Campaigns 1 or 3). Perhaps you might want to use some of these? Up to you....
- I also went looking for images of Caius, as for some reason I was imagining a portly fellow... but this is your character so please give me an idea as to what he looks like. I guess he could be anything. For some reason, this image comes to mind: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... Outfit.jpg
- When you described Isabelle as being a lady in a blue dress, this is the image that came to mind (which I have printed without the bloody bits). Up to you if she looks anything like this - use this image if you want, or propose another. I'm easy. http://charlie-bowater.deviantart.com/a ... -371291506. If you have a look at this artist's gallery, there is also another image of the same character there. A lot of her artwork is very good.
So here's the gist of what Ethan has in mind to reach Caius' penthouse:Before embarking on this, Ethan would want to survey the roof from another vantage point. He would then use "The Force" to sense what lies ahead (eg: sorcerous wards, hostile minds) to be better prepared. He would also adjust his lightsaber so that it works if required. He wouldn't necessarily conceal this from Isabelle.
- 1. How close is the target Door to Caius' casino? How long will it take to get there? If it is not a quick journey, Ethan may have to consider a place to hole-up for a few days until the heat dies down - he would consult Isabelle if that is required.
2. Ethan's natural tendencies would have him take to the air (with Isabelle), land on the roof and access the penthouse from there. Ethan would ask if she knows anything of the security on the roof, even an estimated guess. Also, he would want to know how she will recover her things if he gets her to the penthouse - he assumes that the items are in a safe - so how will she get the items out? (he doesn't tell her that he can open the safe himself)
3. Once in the penthouse, Ethan would bar the doors (using his powers as Warden to hold them shut) while she works. Assuming security is tripped off, this would be a quick grab and then exit through the roof and into the upper levels.
Isabelle wouldn't be forced to come with him - but he would want to see how committed she is to this course, or whether she's willing to just let him do the work. Also, if there is resistance, how will she defend herself? Is she armed in some way?
The bit that Ethan doesn't know, but has to be prepared for, is that even if there is not any resistance there will undoubtedly be a response. Something or someone will come after them, and Ethan is expecting that. It will probably be someone strong - not a Lord him/herself but someone that a Lord trusts. If Caius has a patron who is a Lord of Gossamer, that response could be an aggressive one. If Caius does not have a patron, then at least one of the Lords will be curious enough to send someone to find out what has happened.
As a last resort, Ethan is prepared to use his Icon of Grant to escape.
Hope this gives you plenty to chew over. I hope we can catch up soon. Saturday or Sunday night perhaps?
Lords of Gossamer and Shadow is a Diceless role-playing game by Jason Durall which is published by Rite Publishing. David and I have been running this game since 24th July 2013 and the game is now in its 11th year. David plays Grant, and I play Ethan. We started as 30-point characters, two friends on the Grand Stair, exploring new worlds. Over many years of gameplay, these two characters have evolved into powerful Lords of Gossamer.
Grant and Ethan
Grant (left) and Ethan (right), with Macavity the Cat
Saturday, 17 May 2014
GM Commentary
The following is taken from an email which I sent to David (Lurker37) after Session 31 to help him to prepare for Session 32. I thought I'd share it as it is a behind-the-scenes look as to what a player can do to help a GM prepare for a future session, but also a way of giving the GM ideas (which he/she may or may not adopt). The point I'm trying to illustrate is that the story telling process can be a collaborative and interactive process if the players/GMs want it to be. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment