Grant and Ethan

Grant and Ethan
Grant (left) and Ethan (right), with Macavity the Cat

Thursday, 6 March 2014

GM Commentary

And the benefit of plane flights is that one gets to do lots of writing. I've already written the intro to Session 27, sent David my thoughts on what Ethan will do next (to help him prepare for the next session) and also given some thought as to how Ethan would prepare for a really long walk on the Grand Stair.  ;) 

eg: Ethan's list for a long walk includes some decent hiking boots, waterproof clothing and a sleeping bag. He also always wears a woollen jumper when travelling (has done so since Session 1). Also needs to carry a logbook (to keep track of time and distance) and a mechanical pedometer to measure distances when travelling on the stair. He would also carry a second mechanical watch (in case of failure of one), a thermos to carry a hot drink (tea), a solid fuel burner, a cigarette lighter, matches and a tinderbox, and probably some sweets. Jellybabies and Lifesavers came to mind - if it's good enough for Tom Baker, it's good enough for a Lord of Gossamer!

I'm thinking of hiking for 8-10 hours, find a Door to stop for food and a rest, then keep hiking for 6-8 hours, then find another Door to sleep for 6-8 hours; then repeat. Does circadian rhythm affect Lords of Gossamer? Perhaps - that's why I want to keep it linked to the 24 hour cycle which is aligned to Ethan's home realm.

Hope some of this is useful (and inspiring) to others out there!

EDIT: Crikey! I only just realised that Lurker37 and I have been running this game for over 7 months! I had no idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment