Grant and Ethan

Grant and Ethan
Grant (left) and Ethan (right), with Macavity the Cat

Saturday, 28 September 2013

GM Commentary

jdurall wrote:It's meant to be that the dominant ranked character (PC or NPC) is the best one in the universe, bar none.
Fascinating.  :D And this is exactly why Lurker37 and I paid for Silver level on the Kickstarter. I've read the rules, I (mostly) understand them but it is the intent behind them that I am keen to understand. Thanks jdurall. 

Chapter 14 is what created the confusion for us. It presents a number of Lords, and they are all of significant higher point value than a starting PC. The 4th paragraph of Chapter 14 provides the answer as to how to deal with this, but both Lurker37 and I read it the same way - that the author was leaving it open for the local GM to decide whether the 'Elders' were above Dominant rank or not. It's great to know that this was not the author's intent and we're reading it the wrong way.

Any comments on the preceding post on Shapeshifting, jdurall?

And we're onto the Session 13 writeup.....  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment